I've Been Featured and Nominated, Woo Hoo!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

And now imagine me doing a happy dance...

I got news on Wednesday that sweet, sweet Sheaffer decided to recognize Tucker Up with a Liebster Award. You can check out her blog to see me featured and nominated!

I ran across Sheaffer's blog, Pinterest Told Me To, about six weeks ago and instantly became a follower. I mean she is adorable, and sweet, and loves Pinterest. How could I not want to follow her blog?!
Sheaffer takes outfit inspiration from Pinterest and creates outfits for everyday life out of items she already owns. Genius. Now go pin something and replicate it!
I am SO honored that Sheaffer thought to nominate me and blog. Thanks, Sheaffer! Now let's go shopping...after I finish this post...
This nomination involves me telling 11 things about myself, answering Sheaffer's 11 questions, and then nominating another blogger.
So here it goes!

Eleven things about me:
  1. I started this blog in order to keep my family up to date on my (not really too exciting) life. Mainly to keep my Mom informed of my life.
  2. I lived on a dirt road until I was 18 and went to college. I secretly am dying to live in NYC...
  3. I showed pigs at stock shows and got 90% of my college paid for by FFA (Future Farmer's of America). Who said I wasn't a country girl?!
  4. I let a friend borrow my car the second month of being at college and they totaled it. Oops! Yay for having to get a new one...?
  5. I won Little Miss California when I was six months old. (I was born in Los Angeles. Lived there until I was five. Then moved to the. middle. of. nowhere. in the Texas Hill Country.) My Dad strapped all my trophies down in the back of his truck as the people in their fancy-schmancy cars glared at us...so says my Mom. No one said you had to be rich to win!
  6. I have had the same best friend since the third grade. She was my Maid of Honor. Love ya, Alisa!
  7. I majored in accounting without knowing anything about it. Sometimes I regret that decision...I wanted to go to cosmetology school, but my Dad said I had to get a degree first. Well, now I almost have my master's degree in business and cut my husband's hair in order to get my cosmetology fix.
  8. I want four kids. Chris wants what I want :)
  9. I went to Camp Longhorn (aka Heaven on Earth!) for 9 years as a camper and 5 years as a counselor. I can't wait to send my little Tucks to camp! I met some of my best friend's in the world at camp.
  10. I love the snow more than the beach.
  11. Chris and I want to visit all 30 Major League Baseball fields before having kids. That's our goal!
Sheaffer's questions for me:

1.  What's your favorite reality t.v. show?
- Bachelor, Bachelorette, Bachelor Pad, and HGTV...oh and most shows on Bravo and E! I will say I do not watch Jersey Shore and I only like the Real Housewives of Orange County and Beverly Hills. Sorry, I couldn't pick just one :) And right now I am addicted to Married to Jonas. Is that bad??!

2.  What's your favorite non-reality t.v. show?
- I would have to say Good Morning America, does that count? E! News, maybe? This is tough because I honestly don't watch much T.V. On Sundays I usually watch my recorded shows which, sadly, are all reality T.V. Yikes, don't judge. I tell Chris (and my Dad) that since I literally 'think' all. day. long. at my job, when I come home to watch T.V. I don't want to have to 'think' about what I am watching. That translates into watching a lot of "mindless entertainment", as my Dad calls it. When I do have free time, I'd rather spend it outside or going on a date with main squeeze. 

3.  What's your favorite thing to do on a date night?
- Chris and I are pretty low key. Our favorite thing to do is go to a Rangers game (if it is baseball season) or go to a local restaurant that is not too crowded. A casual burger joint or pizza place is perfect for us. After dinner we might go to Barnes and Noble, or do a little shopping for the house. The night ALWAYS ends good...if ya know what I mean...we always end our date nights with a trip to Braum's Ice Cream (get your mind out of the gutter!). We have had 'sweet' date nights to Braum's since college and we don't plan on stopping now! If we can't find a Braum's, we still get ice cream. Some way, some how.

4.  What's your favorite place to get fast food?
-Either Taco Bell or In and Out. The 1/2 pound combo burrito is my favoriteeee. I don't know what is in it, but it is good! Gotta love that mystery meat! Is that gross? Actually, don't answer that.

5  Please share one of your fondest childhood memories.
- I always remember the moment when my parents came to pick me up from camp. I went to Camp Longhorn where I was away from my parents, with the only communication being via mail, for two weeks. V-day (the day you got picked up from camp) was like Christmas morning. I always remember seeing my parents from afar and running, sprinting, towards them. I would always hug my little brother first (don't want to choose between Mom or Dad). I'm a crier, so by the time I hugged my parents I was bawling. I just missed them so darn much! Then, after spending about an hour with them, I was ready to go back to camp. Ha...it was always a long year waiting for camp to come back around.
I also cherish the memories of my Dad taking me to every softball practice and game ever since I was 8. I would say I cherished him being my coach as well, but I sometimes had an attitude...so I try not to remember those moments :)

6.  Please share something about yourself that not many people know.
- To be completely honest, I skipped this question, answered all the rest, then came back to this one. I might be an over-sharer (ouch, admitting that stung a little), so it is hard for me to think of something that not many people know. I feel like my life is an open book and that is how I want it to be. WAYYY less pressure that way. If people ask me a question, I usually tell them. That's just how I am. If I don't answer their question completely I feel like I am lying, then I have this weird guilt thing, so I end up spilling the truth anyways.  

I suppose since many of my readers are not familiar with my life before marriage they would not know that my top braces got ripped of by a blanket a month before they were supposed to be professionally taken off. Long story short, the blanket that was covering me got ripped away from me by a friend. the dentist said the pressure on my moving teeth caused the brackets to just 'pop' off with the blanket. Honestly, it didn't hurt one bit. But it was pretty darn funny!

7.  If you were suddenly given $1,000 and you had to spend it on something for you or your home, what would you get?
- I would probably spend it on a T.V. entertainment center. Our T.V. is on a huge wall in our living room and an entertainment center would be just perfect on that wall. Chris and I are hoping that will be our gift to ourselves for Christmas. That is, unless we are suddenly given $1,000 ;)

8.  If you were given $1,000 and had to give it away, who would you give it to?
- Ahhh I would want to give it to so many people! Since I have to choose one, I would say a family in need of money for Christmas gifts for their kiddos. Last year, with my Soul Sisters, we delivered a Christmas basket to a family in need and I have never been more humbled in my life. They were so appreciative and the kids we darling. I love making others happy and what better way to do that then giving. 

9.   Do you have a favorite piece of clothing?  If so, what is it?
- This is tough...I wouldn't say I have one favorite piece. I love my hounds tooth jacket from Banana Republic and Steve Madden riding boots for winter. For summer I adore any shirt without sleeves. I hate sleeves in the summer. I also love this one purple dress Chris picked out for me from Nordstrom. I just realized I love a lot of my clothes, so I will end the list there :) 

10. How many of your high school friends do you still consider your best friends?
- Two, Alisa and Kirstin. Both of them were in my wedding and I love them to pieces! I have known Kirstin since Kindergarten and Alisa has been my bestie since third grade. Kirstin and her husband actually have been staying with us allll this week because they are moving to Denton! Ahhh, I am SO excited! Do you know what it feels like to have a bestie move 15 minutes away?!?

11.  What are your hopes for your blog?

- I hope people will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. Even if no one read it, I'd still write it. It is therapeutic and allows me to be me. I hope that I can inspire people and be open and transparent with them. I want my readers to feel as though they can ask me anything. I am blessed by the friendships I have gained through blogging (yay, Sheaffer! Thanks again for the nomination!) and I can't wait to meet more people and hear more stories. Reading comments people leave and emails people send me is one of the best parts of my day. I definitely think I was called to share my life and its adventures through this blog. I can't wait to see where the blog takes me and the stories that develop along the way. Oh, and I can't wait to share them all with you!

I hope this filled everyone in on my life. I feel like I just barfed up graciously told my life story, but if I missed anything just ask!

Thanks for nominating me, Sheaffer!

I will be back later in the week with my nomination!

Happy Monday :)

2 comments:

  1. SO FUN! I really enjoyed reading all of your answers! And yes.....lunch and shopping....SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how fun. I love Sheaffer too and was excited when she chose you. I feel like this McKinney place is having way too much fun! I was an FFA girl too...which means you're in fabulous company;) haha yes...I got my first hunting rifle before I was "mature" enough to get my ears pierced. Oh, life in the boondocks.

    ReplyDelete