Holiday Recap and More!

Monday, December 2, 2013

Hello! I am back and three pounds heavier. Partially because of turkey, but mostly because my heart is so full! This last week was just what I needed. A heavy dose of family, food, and fun. Let the recap begin!

Wednesday I got a massage, went to Hobby Lobby, had lunch with a friend, and shopped on Amazon for three hours for Christmas gifts. It was a great start to the Thanksgiving break.


Thursday we headed to my cousin's house for a full day of festivities. Chris and my little cousin Jacob started the day off right by checking out the Black Friday ads. Two peas in a pod, I tell ya!


While the boys were all serious about shopping, Abby and I were busy taking silly pictures. There is nothing better than pictures with a two year old. The picture above had me cracking up. I told her to say "cheese" and this is what she did. Love it!



I got no pictures of the food or desserts because I was too hungry to even think about it. We had everything imaginable for the 17 people at the house. It has been said that people consume around 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving Day. I completely agree! I ate my weight in green bean casserole and stuffing.

After everyone entered their food-coma and had a chance to let the first wave of lunch digest, it was time for family games. My family is all about Catch Phrase and it gets so competitive between the girls and the boys. I am proud to say the girls went undefeated!


On our way home we decided to brave the crowd at Target. We walked away one item that I can't mention because my Mom reads my blog...and a couple other things that weren't even on sale. The parking lot was full, but it wasn't to crazy inside.

Friday I met back up with my cousins and Aunt and we shopped all. day. long. ULTA, Target, Wal-Mart, Cabela's, back to Target, HomeGoods, TJ Maxx, Kirklands, and the list goes on. I can say one thing...I am donedonedone Christmas shopping. We have to get my father-in-law one more gift and then we are done.

When I got home Friday night we pulled out all the Christmas decorations. About ten minutes in, I was over the whole decorating thing and just wanted to sit. So, instead of decorating, I put on some Christmas music and wrapped all our gifts.


Now that the shopping and wrapping is done, I can sit back and enjoy the holiday season!


Saturday we got up and headed to the McKinney Home for the Holidays on the McKinney Square. We met our friends and the coffeehouse called Snug for breakfast. If you are ever in McKinney and want to go to the most precious coffeehouse, Snug is it. We walked around and went into the little shops around the square, including Kendi's store, Bloom. My friend Caitlin and I chatted with Kendi (she is so stinkin' sweet and funny!) for a bit, while the husbands talked "man stuff."


The rest of Saturday was spent laying on the couch watching Christmas movies. I think I could do that all day, every day.


Sunday started with church and then our super exciting trip to Wal-Mart. We walked out of there $114 poorer and now have a kitchen full of tuna, tuna helper, and $1 frozen meals. #nevergotowalmartwhenyouarehungry

After we unpacked our groceries into the refrigerator, we went for round 12 of Thanksgiving leftovers. It was just as delicious as it was Thursday. A slight food-coma came after our meal, but Chris was quick to get us up and out in the front yard.

I trimmed back all of our flowers that died a couple weeks ago when it froze, pulled weeds, killed ants, cussed when ants tried to kill me, raked mulch, and emptied out flower pots because I failed to keep the flowers alive.

Chris covered the one tree in our front yard (not pictured) in lights and we put our Christmas yard out out. It was a very productive afternoon!

I wish vacation lasted forever, but I guess it is back to the grind until Christmas break! Being a teacher is not too shabby :)

How was your holiday?!


Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Did you get flack from people for shopping on Turkey day? I kinda did, but not too much and I was ready for the comeback if they did. Glad you got your shopping done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of your productivity!! I have yet to start Christmas shopping or even brainstorming for family gifts. I'm usually a procrastinator with that stuff but I do like the idea of having a closet full of wrapped gifts ready and waiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly have bought ONE gift! You are on TOP of it momma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good pics! How fun! And I love the sweater your wearing!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I gained your 3 lbs and Chris's 3 lbs, Aaron's 3 lbs, and then just add another 3 lbs on top of it haha. You guys are brave to go to Target...I took the less courageous route..in my pjs with pecan pie in hand. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, you got SO much done! You should have moved that massage to the end of the week...So glad you guys had a blast in McKinney! We talked about going up there with family but our crazy kitchen reno got the best of us. Back to work! Christmas break is probably coming soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outside of your house! So cute!

    Oh my gosh I can't believe you met Kendi!! I imagine her being just as sweet in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You weekend sounded a lot like mine...eating until I went into a coma and too much shopping, but I am far from done with the gift buying. jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wouldn't doubt for a minute that's how many calories I consumed this thanksgiving at least! Loving your Christmas decorations in your yard--super cute!! Found you through the weekend link up have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have SOOOO much gift wrapping to do! Yours look adorable <3

    BTW, Im hosting a "Tell All Tuesdays" Blog Hop. Check it out!

    Kristen @ Your Beauty Fix

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving break! Now, if only I could say all of my shopping is done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad we got to hang out over Thanksgiving! I'm thinking another Snug date is in order... :)

    ReplyDelete