1. Make Graham's baby food. All props go out to the makers of baby food because I am your #1 supporter. Why would I ever make something that is already made for me? I don't have the time (even if it "only takes 10 minutes!") to mash up veggies. Thankfully G eats whatever we eat, but I'm 100% sure I'll never be the 'make your child's baby food' mom.
2. Buy my kid tons of clothes and shoes. Graham is a boy through and through and that shows at his very young age. The boy can find a mess in any situation! Why would I spend money on "adorable" outfits that he is just going to crush his peas on? Also, he is just not starting to get close to walking. I'm not going to shell out money for shoes when the boy can't walk. I was graciously given two pairs of Freshly Picked Moccs from The Baby Cubby. We LOVE the FP Moccs and will be buying more when he is closer to walking, but I'm not buying him anymore just for the heck of it. Cute or not cute, money is money.
3. Watch any cartoons. The only cartoons G has seen have been when my dad puts them on his phone for Graham. Other than that, he has never seen a cartoon. Why? Because I'm not going to watch them until he demands them! Until then, he happily plays with his toys or we play outside while HGTV is on in the background. (My brother never watched cartoons and I'm praying G will be like that. He literally only watched sports...he'd even turn it on the ESPN History channel...weirdo.)
4. Baby my baby. I'll be the first to admit that I could soften up a bit. I was raised to "rub some dirt on it" and that's exactly how we are with G. We definitely do not rush to him anytime he starts crying. If he hurts himself, we are easily able to tell if he is really hurt, or just trying to get our attention.
5. Feed my kid the best foods possible. Seriously, this is just a pain to even think about feeding him all organic/no gmo/ blah blah blah. I'm sure there are arguments both ways, but Chris and I try to eat the best we can and G eats what we eat, so I'm sure he'll survive. The boy loves him some Blue Bell, so I think we have the dairy food group covered :)
What are some mom things you don't do??